Simon’s work extends to both commercial and general aviation, and he advises a broad range of clients based in the UK and overseas.
Recent examples include:
- acting for aircraft operators/owners and their insurers in relation to accident liability claims;
- acting for a claimant aircraft parts company in a multi-million dollar LCIA international arbitration seeking recovery of sums payable by an overseas debtor following the provision of component supply and repair services;
- acting for a claimant aircraft operator in a multi-million dollar LCIA international arbitration concerning a dispute over fractional ownership of an executive jet;
- acting for a lessor of a Boeing 737 in a multimillion dollar claim against a lessee airline and its government guarantor following lease defaults and abandonment of the aircraft;
- acting for flying training organisations in disputes with their home aerodromes;
- defending members of a light aircraft syndicate in a High Court claim arising out of a light aircraft accident.
As well as his professional interest, Simon has a longstanding personal interest in aviation, having previously completed an RAF Flying Scholarship, flown solo in gliders, and obtained his Private Pilots Licence (PPL(A)).
A next generation lawyer in the 2018 Legal 500 directory and ranked associate to watch of Chambers & Partners UK 2019.
Year of qualification: 2010
Read more about...
To start a conversation about how we can help you get the outcome you want
Tell us a bit about you and the issue and we can get ahead of the game